Friday, December 28, 2007

Failure to follow English lectures drives students to commit suicide

When I read this article in Chennai Chronicle( DC ) news paper, I had remembered my plus two classes. I did my schoolings from Malayalam medium. When I reached plus one , I realized that I could not even read simple words meaningfully. I struggled a lot in those days. I will agree that without English, we can not compete with others or face an interview. The main reason is almost all knowledge and all informations are in English. In order to access knowledge we must need English. But I am not get depressed. " A student is who he knows what he don't know". Use the opportunities that we get in daily life...... this is my principle to improve myself
Mr. Thangam Thennarasu, the minister for School Education, Tamil Nadu says, "we have planned to set up English language labs for Tamil Nadu schools including those in rural areas within two years"( DC article). In my view it's a good move.Because in Tamil Nadu, children are not at all giving importance to their education.Besides the English labs, computer labs are also very essential for students.Psychologist R.Manoj points out that" it is not the cultural differences that compel students to commit suicide and it is the low motivation levels. The students who come from Tamil medium to professional colleges are generally the brightest in their schools and they are not prepared for such a drastic change . It takes them a while to adapt to the new environments"( from DC article). I think determination can change every thing. Through small small experiments we can change ourself ......... don't expect a sudden change.

No comments: