Tuesday, August 28, 2007

think of a meaningful Onam

Festivals have special role in the society's integrity. We , all malayalees celebrate Onam . Its a memory of a humble King, who we believed in his visit to people of kerala every year. After the 6 years gap(+2 ,Btech) , I got a chance to celebrate Onam . I really enjoyed the taste of “payasam” ,which we got from our neighbors.. It is the celebration of the harvest tied with the memory of the golden age of prosperity .My mind went to my past school days...gathering flowers , competing for making "pookalam",playing with friends......lot to say . For a fun yesterday I searched for wikipedia entry of Onam…………..there isss,… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onam . Thus the old story of Mahabali had came to my mind again ...... Great Sacrifice and forgiveness. In wiki there is a sentence “Prana (life) and Maana (honour) are like the two eyes of a person. Even if life goes, honour should be protected. Knowing that the person that has come now is the Lord Himself, I should be the most fortunate one as the Lord, who gives everything to mankind, is seeking something from me."…. Onam is a good subject for meditation.

No comments: