Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ubuntu can change everything

Yesterday I had installed Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Desktop Edition. I really wondered on seeing the installation as well as appearence of latest Ubuntu. In that cover of Ubuntu CD ( www.ubuntu.com ), they have described their mission. After one round usimg I realised the tremendous differance between 6th and 8 th version of Ubuntu.You can feel the differance in windows closing ,utilities and in booting ,opening screen. Moreover I understood the strength of ubuntu community ( www.ubuntu.com/community ) . "Ubuntu" is an ancient African word that means "humanity to others " . This Linux distribution brings the spirit of Ubuntu to software world.

But this time also I missed to make a swap partion. Actually I don't know how to make a swap? How much space needed ? How it should be specified at the time of installation??

No comments: